The description of HP Smart (Printer Remote)
HP Smart (formerly known as HP All-in-One Printer Remote) helps you to set up, scan, print, share, and manage your HP printer. You can share documents and images through email, text messages, and popular cloud and social media services (such as iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Facebook). You can also set up new HP printers, as well as monitor and order supplies.
• Create high-quality JPEGs and PDFs of your images and documents—either with the scanner on your printer (if available) or the camera on your mobile device using this app’s intelligent mobile scanning feature (including automatic deskewing, image enhancements, and unwanted background cropping).
• Use this app to automatically detect if you can print using your phone, and then set up your mobile device for printing images, PDF documents, and more with HP Print Service Plug-In.
• Print images and PDF documents, using HP printers on your Wi-Fi network or connected using Wi-Fi Direct.
• Share your images and documents through email, cloud storage services (including Dropbox, Box, Evernote, and Google Drive), and social media sites (like Facebook and Instagram).
• Using this app, set up new HP printers and help get your existing HP printers connected to your Wi-Fi network.
• Easily check your supplies status and order supplies for your printer while also receiving special promotions from HP.
• Get help and tips for solving problems you might have using your printer.
• Change printer settings and perform maintenance tasks.
HP printers from 2010 or later, including many HP DeskJet, HP Envy, HP OfficeJet, HP OfficeJet Pro All-in-Ones—as well as many HP Designjets, PageWide, and HP LaserJet MFPs. Both printers on local Wi-Fi network and printers that are set to Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct printing mode are supported.
Tip: For a full list supported printers, visit: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645?openCLC=true